Sunday, November 23, 2008

Calendars

I'm so excited about sharing these today! I finally finished my cookie sheet calendar AND I made an advent calendar for Abby. Can you believe it TWO projects and I have a week before they start...whohoo!! I spent a lot of time on each of these calendars as I hope they are with our family for MANY years. First up is my cookie sheet calendar.


There were certain stamps that I really wanted to use so I didn't worry about having an image on every square. All supplies are from The Angel Company. I really like the colors in the Reece SWIC collection and knew that I wanted to base the project around that.


This is a close up of the top. I used my Quickutz die for the "25". The glass pebble you see on the first square (with the star) is a magnet. That is actually what we will move each day. I had a hard time deciding how I wanted to do this. I finally decided on "Merry Christmas" because when it's on the 25th day it's Christmas and well that is the whole point of the calendar - to count down to Christmas! I couldn't find a stamp small enough to work with the pebble so that sentiment is actually from Stampendous.


And this is the bottom half. I REALLY like how it turned out! (can you FEEL my excitement???).

Next up is the advent calendar I made for Abby. I used a Karen Foster Advent Calendar and added paper from My Mind's Eye. I just LOVE this paper!! I bought a package of it and some extra sheets of my favorites! I have to tell you that you'll probably see this paper again in a later post (wink, wink!). I went shopping last night, and picked up a few goodies for this calendar. I'm going to fill it with candy, toys & trinkets, scriptures & journaling prompts. I want Abby to know more about the holiday than just Santa & toys!

I'm sure you can do a lot more to the calendar but I realized that you'll be opening each drawer so putting too much bulk isn't smart. I found that my punches were very close in size to the template that the calendar came with so decided to use that. I thought the scallops jazzed it up a bit.

So what do you think? I would love to know! Have I mention that I really REALLY like these :) Thanks so much for looking!

6 comments:

Danni said...

You so rock!! These are awesome and something I wouldn't dream of tackling!!
Awesome!!

The G-5+2 said...

These are both so cute. I will have to try them next year.

Kristie W. said...

Both projects are way cool. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Both projects are darling. I like how you left the cookie sheet unpainted to go with the rustic feel of the Reece papers.

KellyRae, angel #3212
http://sassyrubberartists.com

Liz said...

Very cute! I love how both of them turned out! Hey, can you post your pictures so that when I click on them I can actually view them larger? My eye sight is not what it used to be,...

Lynn Put said...

Both of these projects are darling!
What a clever idea to create a magnetic calendar out of a cookie sheet, I love it!!! and your advent calendar is so pretty, the papers you used are wonderful!