Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mr. Snowman

As I mentioned we received a little snow this past weekend. On Sunday, the sun was shining and Abby decided she wanted to play outside for a little bit. When I looked out the window she had made a huge snowball and told me that she was trying to make a snowman. Daddy helped her get the snowballs on top of one another but other than that she did everything. Abby asked me for olives for the eyes and a carrot for the nose. I couldn't find any olives so I got her bottle caps, a baby carrot and green pepper. I gave it to her in a cup - silly girl even found a way to use that!

Here's Abby posing happily with her creation

We left in the afternoon to run a few errands and when we returned sadly mr. snowman had already melted. All that was left on the ground was the eyes, nose, mouth and hat - a little freaky looking as it was in a face shape even on the ground.

I'm happy to report that all the snow is gone but it's still cold and windy. Last night we got a thunderstorm though which was nice. I just love the smell of rain - another sign of Spring!

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Tina said...

Great snowman! What a cutie pie she is.

Danni said...

Oh how fun! My kids would kill to be able to play in the snow!

Stephanie said...

Hey, Mom and Dad got 13in and now its all gone! CRAZY KANSAS weather! Working on my summer trip plans. Let you know ASAP!! Miss you!
S

Liz said...

Too cute. I can't get over how long Abby's hair has gotten and how big she looks. She's adorable! Time sure does fly.

Anna said...

How cute! I love the bright colors on the snowman face, and I love your DD long hair!

Tammi said...

Cute snowman and pics!! That would be kind of freaky "sad" seeing just the eyes, nose, etc. after the snow had melted!

Janna said...

This is just adorable!!! So, so creative and cute!! I love the cup and the fronds out of the side! Too fun! So sad though that it already melted! Poor Abby!

Smiles,
janna