Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Peaceful Heart

Thanks for stopping by for another Flutter By Wednesday! Today, team member Cassie, gave us the challenge to CASE (copy and steal everything) another team members creations. Of course, the card needs to have a butterfly or fairy on it as well. I have to tell you it was hard to CASE just one card. So I changed it up a bit and actually drew my inspiration from THREE different team members!


I think it would be easier to see my card first and then tell you who and what I CASED.



First things first - WHATCHA THINK? I think it turned out cute - probably has something to do with the cute little image but I just smile when I look at this card. So I CASEd Chris by using red & brown (see the original project here). Next I CASEd Ann by using her sketch and the punched out butterflies (see the original project here). Last I CASEd Danni by using a hedgehog (see the original project here).

Like I mentioned it was hard to choose just one team member to CASE as ALL of them do such a wonderful job - I enjoy visiting their blogs to see what they come up with. The links to all the blogs are on the right hand side so take a moment and visit them. I hope you decide to play along this week. If you do just visit Danni's blog and leave a link to your creation. Poor Danni has hurt her thumb and is not able to create - she's TOTALLY bummed so be sure to send her some get well wishes to help that healing time some!!

Little update about me - I did get the teaching job at Abby's old preschool. I'll be teaching Tues/Thurs mornings to the 2.5 yr olds. I will also be helping out at the school on Wednesdays over the lunch hour and then subbing whenever possible. It's a change for me and one that I'm really looking forward to. I get such a joy seeing the kids learn and grow and to be a part of that just warms my heart. It's a win-win for me too because I also get to work around Abby's school schedule and will still have free time to create and volunteer at her school.

Today I'm off to work out all the details for Abby's birthday party. Thanks to my friend Liz, I think we are doing a carnival in our backyard. Abby LOVES playing Wii carnival games and after reading Liz's post I realized that with a little creativity I could make some games possible. We were going to see about renting an inflatable (slide or moon bounce) but they were $175 to $225 for ONE for like 4 hours. I thought it was crazy to spend that amount of money on ONE thing when we could do a lot of other cool stuff! Now we just have to pray for no rain cause I have NO idea what I'd do with 20 kids if it rains...

Thanks for stopping by - have a great one!!

20 comments:

Laurie said...

Michelle this card is adorable! I love the colors and that adorable image!

Have fun with the party!

Nancy said...

That sounds like an awesome party!! Good luck with it!!

I love how you cased three people...genius!! I love it!! Beautiful card this week!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome card Michelle!! Gorgeous case and how fun to combine three different dt cards!! Love the result. Your coloring and design is magnificent!! I have that image and you have inspired me to dig it out and use it!!

Ineke said...

Hi, this is a very nice card. Love the paper and the stamp is cute. Greetings Ineke

Stef H said...

i agree... the card is adorable and that image does make one smile!

woooo hooooo on getting the job!!!!

holy crap! $175-$225 for 4 hours for kids???? r they nuts???? it should be like $50-$75 - maybe!!!

i'll bet the party will be super!

hugs,

Barb said...

Awww... this is so cute, Michelle :) Love the colors and your coloring looks great!

Liz said...

You're doing a carnival? YAY! I've gotta tell you, it's been the funnest birthday party we have ever had, and I thought the Farm would be a hard one to top. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Also, I need to talk to you about something soon. Mysterious, I know,... I'll call you!

Lelia Pierce said...

Super cute card, Michelle! Congrats on the teaching job too! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Harriet Skelly said...

Your card is adorable and that is awesome that you took pieces of three different DT members to create it! COngrats on the teaching job too!

Peggie said...

What a cute card.

Kim said...

So cute, Michelle! Good luck on your new job.

Ann Kranitz said...

Sweet as can be. I just love how you combined three of us into one. What a great idea!! And your results are amazing!!!

Danni said...

Can you come plan/organize/supervise Matthew and Belle's parties?? hehehe, have fun!
LOVE your card, just love it...I recently won that hedgie SU set, need to use it...
You rock!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card!

Cassie said...

LOL!! great minds think alike!! i also had to pick 3!! Your card is awesome and makes me smile too - the hedgehog is just adorable!!!

Anna said...

Woo hoo about the job! That sounds totally ideal for you! Loved all your recent cards! The Create-a-card turned out so pretty! The party sounds like it'll be a ton of fun too!

Tammy said...

You card is super super sweet.

Tammi said...

Michelle so pretty! Love the paper and butterflies. That's great about the job and the party sounds like alot of fun! ...and so glad hubby liked District 9. :) ~Hugs

Rachel said...

this is such a cute image. you did a beautiful job with it. your card is absolutely gorgeous.
hugs,
Rachel

Heather Schlatter said...

Michelle,

You did such an adorable job on last weeks case that card for FBW!!!! I love this card and that image is really a cutie!!

I am sorry to be getting out so late, but I did not want to miss any of my team mates creations from last week so better late than never???

Fantabulous Michelle and I hope Kindergarten is going great!!!

Heather