Friday, September 25, 2009

Celebrate

Celebrate - cause it's FRIDAY!!! Yippee!! Do you have a lot of plans this weekend? We've got a soccer game, 2 birthday parties as well as a to-do list a mile long! My parents have been gone for a few weeks on vacation and while on vacation they found me two wire card racks to hold all my cards. You'd typically see these racks in like a flower shop. Well I've always wanted one and was so excited when my parents told me they got me TWO!!! They will be dropping them off this weekend and I can't wait to get my hands on them...

Before I talk about my card for the day don't forget about my blog candy. You can see the post here - it will have how you can enter (scroll to the bottom) as well as a pic of the FEW goodies I'll be giving away (I'm adding to it so there will be MORE). Thank you to all you have entered - spread the word for your increased chance at winning too. Thank you also for all the sweet comments about my daughter's pictures - I, too think she's pretty darn adorable!!

So today I'd like to share another card from one of my classes I did last month. This is a card we made at my Scor-Pal class.

The background was done on my Scor-Pal using a Scor-Bug. I just love the way the Scor-Bug embosses the paper. I used DCWV white core paper and sanded off the top a little so the design really pops on my card. For the cupcake (which is from the Little Cupcake stamp set), I paper pieced the cup using Uptown Girl paper pack. I used my glaze gelly pens to color in the cherry. I applied Liquid Applique to the icing and before heating it I added a little prisma glitter. Below is a close up of the cupcake:

It was fun to make and everyone loves feeling the icing! Everything I used is available through The Angel Company so feel free to contact me regarding questions or if you'd like to order. I just put in my application today to get my own online ordering site so when that is finalized I'll add that information to my blog. How cool to be able to order in your jammies or at anytime you'd like and have it shipped right to your door?!?!

Thanks so much for stopping by - Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

13 comments:

Anna said...

Cute card! Woo hoo on the stands too!

jjcreations said...

Very nice...I like the puffy icing.

KellyRae said...

LOVE that cupcake and cherry!!! How cool to paper piece the bottom part. It looks adorable.

Stef H said...

love it! scor-bug?????? whatever it is you did fabulous! just love it!

hugs,

Lelia Pierce said...

LOVE the way you did the background! How cool is that? Fab cupcake too! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Danni said...

Okay you got me...I'll have to order one of those scor-bugs. This card is awesome!!
Remember to take a moment for you this weekend!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card! Sounds like you will have a fun and eventful weekend!

Tammi said...

YUM! Love the look of the frosting, pretty colors here! And your Abby is so sweet, what a cute outfit she has on...love her smile. :) Enjoy your weekend! ~Hugs

Ann Kranitz said...

Fun!!! I have not even tried my Scor Bug yet and now you have motivated me to try it!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a yummy looking card!! Just love all the texture and color. Hope you are having a super weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

slinkycat said...

Oooh lovely, looks good enough to eat! xx

AmethystCat said...

fabulous card - love the paper pieced cupcake paper! and liquid applique is awesome! good luck with your e-commerce site!

AmethystCat said...

fabulous card - love the paper pieced cupcake paper! and liquid applique is awesome! good luck with your e-commerce site!