Monday, October 12, 2009

Winter Wishes

Is it just me or does the weekend zoom by way too fast?!?! Although it was FREEZING here in Kansas this weekend, it allowed me to stay indoors and get some much needed things accomplished. Now to just keep that momentum going as I have some craft shows, FUNShops and Vendor crops coming up!

Every Monday I share a Christmas card. This week Maria challenged us with a sketch. I received a new stamp set from The Angel Company, Winter Flurries and I knew that this sketch would be perfect for it. Here is the fabulous sketch from Maria:


and here is my card:

The paper is some left over Karen Foster paper. The cardstock is Scarlet from TAC. Each pack has 25 sheets and comes in 8.5x11 or 12x12 size. It's a wonderful cardstock that I use a lot! The snowflake is left over from a Jolee's package. The sentiment is from Stampendous. I colored the penguin's scarf & the swirls using my Niji Water Brush and Aquacolor Crayons. If you've been frustrated by your water brush (I know I was) you won't with the Niji - it is FABULOUS!!! Finally I have a brush where I can actually control the water flow!

Check out the other design team members blogs to see their wonderful interpretation of the sketch. That's it for me today. Abby is out of school and my BF from college is supposed to be stopping by on her way back home. Which means I need to get off the computer and clean the house - quick :o) Have a great day!!

10 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is this ever stunning! isn't it great that red, white & blue is NOT just for patriotic! it does WINTER very well - or you sure do anyway!

hope all is well. sounds like you've got lots of fun stuff going on.

hugs,

Anna said...

Dude! Love the layout! Have a great day with Abby, and your college friend! Wish it was freezing here! Love the cooler weather!

Tina said...

So super cute! Loving that little penguin!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Michelle! What a cutie of a card! I love that penguin image with the swirls. . .such an adorable image. I love the dp that you used too. . .it feels like winter looking at your card!

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your email last week! I was meaning to then I got side tracked! I'm easily distractable! LOL! I hope you are feeling better!!! Take care!

Maria

Vicki G said...

Michelle, your card is so pretty!

Love the Penguins! Very Whimsical

Hugs,

Vicki

Cathy said...

This is such a cutie!! I love that penguin!! Very sweet!! Hope you are feeling better!! Hugs, Cathy

Danni said...

Sigh, another one on my wishlist..LOL!! Very cute card! You "sound" like you're feeling better, hope that's true. Hugs!

Patti J. said...

Ha! Danni and I must have the same wish list...! Beautiful card - this set is just plain FUN! I love all of the little critters in this set... Great job Michelle!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love this penguin.

Trudy Osborn said...

I am having a lot of fun going through your blog...you do great work