Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flutter By Anya

So the week is half way done and what have I accomplished - NOT a lot I tell ya!! Where or where does the time go? I have a to do list a mile long and I'm only getting like 3 things done - at this rate I'm never going to finish!! I leave next Thursday for seminar and haven't even got my trades done!!! Oh well - it seems that everything usually works out...it just may be at midnight the night before, LOL!

Well since it's Wednesday it's time for another Flutter By card!! This week the challenge was an open one - we could do whatever we wanted as long as we used a Fairy or a Butterfly. I decided to use this CA-UTE image from The Greeting Farm.

Know what's so awesome about this card? I used SCRAPS - I LOVE it when I can do that!! And IMO I think it looks good - loving the purple and blue. It's a FUN color combo! I colored Anya with my Copics (hair and skin) as well as my colored pencils and OMS. I applied a little shimmerz to her wings but realized while taking this picture that I didn't put near enough on...going to go back over that one and really make those wing tips shimmer!

So whatcha think? Want to play along? Just stop by Danni's blog and leave a link to your creation so we can all check it out!! While you are there be sure to see what Danni has made and check out Christine's card as well since she's the featured team member. Christine is so nice and I am enjoying getting to know her and her style! Also, this week we have a guest designer - it's Mary Giemza. You can see her card on Danni's blog or her blog. As always, the other designers links are in my sidebar so be sure to stop by their blogs and see what they have created this week! I promise you won't be disappointed - this is one talented design team!!

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Kimmie said...

She is so pretty... I love how her hair came out!

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. she's adorable and your colors are perfect for this.

hugs,

Tina said...

This is so pretty! Love her sweet little face.

Nancy said...

I love that you could use scraps, and you are right, blue and purple are fabulous together! Your card is so pretty this week...love Flutter Anya!!

Anna said...

So pretty, Michelle! That image is darling! Woo hoo on using scraps! And so jealous, you'll be seeing the catty in a week!

Tammi said...

I like that color combo, very cute Michelle!

Barb said...

Adorable! And way to go on using those scraps!!! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Michelle!!! Love the purple and blue! Anya is too cute! Great use of scraps!

Danni said...

Gorgeous! I just love the color combo...the black and purple are so nice and then Flutter Anya is so delicate...Love it!

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty and cute card!! Love your color combo and coloring too!! Great card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cathy said...

Hey Michelle, I love your Anya!! Very pretty!! Good luck with your trades!! Time slips away too quickly!! I'm way behind on my stuff as well!!

Hugs, Cathy

Christine said...

She is beautiful and the paper you chose is perfect!

Blessings,
Christine

Ann Kranitz said...

Way to go using your scraps! I love when I can do that. This card is sweet as can be.

Maria said...

Oh, I hear ya' Michelle1 I feel the same way. The day flies so quickly and I never get past #3 on my to do list. . .and each day, I keep adding more stuff. I really don't know what I do with my time. I've come to the conclusion that I'm not very efficient. LOL!

Love your Anya card. . .she's such a sweetie!! Awesome job using scraps too! Your card turned out fabulous! Lovely job with your coloring too!

Maria

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job Michelle, I love
Flutterby Wednesdays!!!!!!!

Nicola said...

Awe Anya is adorable and I love your colour combo Michelle. WTG girl using them gorgeous scraps and your colouring is super.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Rachel said...

she's so precious, you did a beautiful job!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kimberly said...

This is super sweet. Love that little Anya!

Kristie W. said...

Flutter Anya is just so adorable! Great card!

Lelia Pierce said...

It's adorable, Michelle! At least you got it done...better late than never, right? :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Heather Schlatter said...

Michelle,

How wonderful is this!!! Girl I am so sorry I have not been by much lately I have not been anywhere on blogs lately!!!

I was sorry to hear about your Grandma how are you doing now???

I only need like 2 or 3 more hours in each day so I can have time to comment on all my wonderful team mates blogs more often like I used to be able to do!!!

I want to say maybe once school starts my time will be more enabling for comments, but then again I do not want to wish away any moments with my preacious 3 kiddo's either!!!

I do really miss coming by often though and I hope you know it is not because I do not want to come by!!!

I love all your creations and I wish I could leave comments on each and every one of them!!!!

Your creativity is awesome Michelle!!!

In case you have not seen it yet Pink Cat Studio is doing a Fundraiser for Ethan Weiman and the Make a Wish Foundation, and I am giving away any Pink Cat Studio set of your choice if you particpate in the Fundraiser and post about it to help spread the word your name will be entered into my drawing on Sunday!!!

Heather