Friday, March 19, 2010

Christmas Inspiration Challenge #44

Happy Friday to you! Thank you for stopping by my blog today - I'm so glad you did! The challenge for the CSAYL (Christmas Stampin' All Year Long) blog is one that's going to make you think folks...First there is an inspiration photo (you can see it HERE). From that photo we'd like you to create a card using the following guidelines: LEAVE WHITE SPACE, USE THE COLORS FROM THE PHOTO, and HAVE A BIRD ON IT. Whew - told you we were going to make you work. SERIOUSLY though, when I read the challenge I was like "WHAT?!?!"... but then I sat down and TOTALLY LOVED WHAT I CAME UP WITH!!! This is one of the many reasons why I LOVE challenges - I would NEVER have tried this otherwise!

My card base is ivory and I used one double sided pattern paper and some cardstock for this card. The sketch is from stamping 411 and the image is a retired set from The Angel Company. I colored the bird using pencils and OMS. To set off the center panel a bit I pierced holes all around it.
I didn't use any ribbon, buttons, or bling and you know what - that's OKAY! It's a sweet card and this is one I wouldn't have to worry about extra postage :o) Plus it doesn't take a lot of paper which means it will be easy to mass produce - yeah for that!!

So are you up for the challenge this week? I hope so! Link your creation to the CSAYL blog using Mr. Linky and who knows maybe your creation will be chosen as "top pick" entitling you to a be a guest DT one week!! How fun would that be?!?!

I hope you have a great weekend. Yesterday was AWESOME weather - sunny and 60's. I even did a little cleaning in my flower beds. Today is supposed to be much of the same. The weekend though is calling for snow and a high in the 30's! Abby is supposed to have her first soccer match of the season but not sure the weather is going to allow that one to happen. We'll see. Here's hoping you have great weather where you are at so that you may enjoy it and your weekend!!

16 comments:

Tina said...

Too cute and so festive.

Barb said...

This is so cute... LOVE the pierced border :)

Kimberly S said...

A beautiful Christmas card Michelle!! Your coloring and image are so pretty, and I love that pierced look! :)

Maria said...

Hey Michelle! I had the same reaction. .LOL! But challenges are fantastic because it makes you step out of the box. Your card turned out beautifully. I love your choice of image and dp! Thank you for coming up with such great cards each week for CSAYL!!

Maria

Anna said...

Love this! I would have a hard time with that challenge too, but you rocked it! The card is fantastic.

Danni said...

Wow!! I would've flown the coop with this challenge but you ROCKED it!! Awesome card!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Tina said...

wow - this is lovely. this weeks challenge was a fun one.

tina
mommy scraps alot

Kimberly said...

Wow, what a challenge, but you totally rocked it! Love the layout and all the piercing! I giggled at your question on my blog today. Not sure how long it actually takes me to put a card together because I don't do it all in 1 sitting - especially now days. I usually color the image the day before, then slowly work on it throughout the next day. It helps when I have a layout to follow.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Love how you used this image on the card! Lovely!

Laurie said...

This is so cute! I love the paper piercing!

Joan Ottevanger said...

Hi Michelle,
Great card love your image and ds paper very much.

inlovestamping said...

Your card turned out great! I too had fun with the color combo and never would have thought to use it on a Christmas card!

Jacqui said...

very cute

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This bird is so cute! Thank you so much for playing along. It's been fun to see everyone's inspiration cards.

Tammi said...

Neat challenge, this turned out beautiful!