Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Flutter By Challenge #99 - Inspiration Photo

Well usually I like to have my post up bright and early but I either have food poisoning or a very bad case of the stomach flu. Either way, it's not a pretty site and I'm feeling awful!! I know so many of us have been sick this winter season and I'm no exception. I hate talking about things like that but I wanted YOU to know why I haven't been responding to emails, commenting on blogs or basically being my chipper self. I'm feeling 50% better than I did yesterday and believe me that is saying something!!

For our challenge this week we are to use the inspiration photo below to create our card. Remember you'll need to make sure there is a fairy, butterfly or angel on the card as well.


Isn't it such a fun photo? I noticed the wings, the glitter and the colors in the photo and decided to incorporate those in my creation.


I used JUST DREAM by The Angel Company for my image and colored her with my pencils and OMS. The colorful paper is some of my favorite from KI Memories. I also am submitting this card for the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - Sketch
Pixie Dust - Birthday
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her wings. I coated them with a thick layer of Crystal Stickles and so love the glimmer/shine on them. Here is a close up view


So whatcha think? I can't wait to see how you perceive the photo. You know we've had a TON of participants in our challenges each week which is AWESOME!! Thank you to everyone who plays along. If you aren't playing along, I hope you'll decide to join us this week! Remember just visit the Flutter By Wednesday Blog and link your creation there using Mr. Linky!

I'm sure I've forgotten something - forgive me if I have. I know our wonderful DT will have some amazing creations so be sure to visit their blogs as well. Their links are on my sidebar. Thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

Tina said...

Gorgeous card, love all the color and sparkle.
Hope you feel better soon!

kris said...

i hope you feel better soon!!! on a top note, this card is fantastic! Love the colors and yes, i LOVE her wings!! it's beautiful!

Barb said...

LOVE the angel, Michelle... so much Stickles... me likey alot :) Great coloring!

Nancy said...

WOW!! I love it, Michelle...I am so amazed by everyone's different take on the inspiration! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Brandi said...

Beautiful card! I love the shimmer on the wings and how you used the colors for inspiration. Feel better soon! :)

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Michelle...I hope you feel better soon! Your card is so pretty and you really captured what inspired you!!

Feel better soon!
hugs

Stef H said...

oh michelle! this is GORGEOUS! i love those papers and that's one of my fav stamp sets! absoluely gorgeous!

sure hope you're feeling better real soon!

Lana Clarke said...

So bright and pretty and thank you for joining the pixies!
Lana x

Lelia Pierce said...

This is amazing, Michelle! I love all the fun colors you pulled from the Tink photo and those wings are amazing! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Hugs,
Lelia

Sparkplug17 said...

I hope you feel better! Your card is just darling.

Kimberly S said...

Wow, I'm amazed that you incorporated all of those fabulous colors into your card! Your angel is gorgeous, along with your coloring. The wings are simply beautiful! Such a wonderful card Michelle! Feel better soon! :)

Christine said...

I love your card; that angel is so sweet!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Danni said...

Feel better!! Love this..that still is one of my favorite sets! Gorgeous and I love the sparkle!

Bananastamper said...

Great card! Fantastic coloring and I LOVE how you did her wings. It looks even better when you click on the photo, then you really can see the effect. So pretty!
Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!
Shanna :)

Alica said...

wonderful! love the colors and the image is real pretty too!
Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Michelle!! I just love your coloring of the image and all the sparkle!! What an awesome take on the inspiration my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh that image is so sweet and your coloring is perfect! I sure hope you are feeling better soon!
Hugs, Harriet

Danderella said...

Beautiful card, love the glitter wings! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Randi said...

Gorgeous FBW card Michelle! These bright, beautiful colors are so perfect for the challenge! I love those amazing, sparkly wings!! Thanks for the welcome to the "official" team!! So thrilled I get to continue working with you all!

CarlaKH said...

Oh this is such a cute card! Love your blog too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Anna said...

Adorable take on the challenge! Love the card! Love how you did her wings, and colored her!