Saturday, June 22, 2013

Blooming With Kindness Slider Card

'
Wanted to share a card using the stamp set Blooming With Kindness. After attending Regionals and getting so many fabulous swap cards I had to try a technique on one of them called "thumping". I inked the flower using Smoky Slate ink and then took my Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay and Real Red makers and "thumped" on the flower. I then "huffed" it and stamped on my Whisper White paper. 

I'm kind of trying to make more "fun fold" cards. When I got my latest edition of Cardmaker Magazine and saw the tutorial for a slider card, I knew I had to try it.


I stamped the sentiment, which is from Gifts of Kindness, on the inside. The color choices came from an old Colour Q Challenge...it really helps to have those to refer back to. One less thing I have to "come up with"...and it's a mix of colors that I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Card Details:
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Basic Grey, Real Red, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Blooming with Kindness (#126422) & Gifts of Kindness (#130444)
Inks: Basic Black & Smoky Slate Ink Pads; Bermuda Bay, Real Red and Pear Pizzazz Markers
Accessories: Whisper White Organza Ribbon, 1" Circle Punch

You can get all these supplies by shopping my site, HERE. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Stef H said...

wow michelle! this is absolutely gorgeous! fabulous colors!

hugs :)