Saturday, December 20, 2008

Teacher Gift

I'm so happy to share this little project with you today. I just LOVE how this turned out and will be making more of these in the future! This is a purse that I found on Tracy's Inky Doodles Blog. She provides excellent step by step instructions with photos! Here is the outside of my purse.


I should tell you that I had trouble keeping my purse closed so I added a Velcro dot to the middle and it worked perfectly! This is the inside of the purse. This side holds 6 greeting cards and envelopes.

Here are the greeting cards. I really like how everything coordinates. I used We R Memory Keepers papers for everything.


This is the other side - it holds a calendar, which I got instructions from my good friend Heather. And doesn't every teacher deserve chocolate - the good stuff too!


Now isn't that SWEEET!! The most confusing part was figuring out how to cut the plastic boxes that go on the inside of the purse. Other than that it was really fast and it only takes one piece of 6 x 12 cardstock, ribbon, some scraps and a clear card box to make!

I'm telling you, this is ADORABLE! I'd be more than happy to answer any questions about it cause I think you need to make one too! Would love to hear what you think, so leave me a comment!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Danni said...

You are so talented! I would never dream of tackling this!!
Amazing project!
you rock!

Cathy said...

Hey girlfriend. This project is super cute! Love it! I sent you an email.TFS, Cathy

Lynn Put said...

This is absolutley adorable! Its so fun with all the bright colors and goodies you filled it with! The cards you made to go along with it are wonderful!

Liz said...

These are absolutely adorable, you did such a great job!!!
But I gotta tell ya, I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with buying them an ornament and some chocolate.
I am NOT brave enough to try something like this,...

Barb said...

This is AWESOME!! Very creative!

BTW: I have a little award for you on my blog :)