Thursday, July 31, 2014

Flower Patch Awesomeness


Today I'm sharing a card using one of my favorite sets from the new catalog called Flower Patch. I found so many awesome samples on Pinterest using this set. Ilina Crouse made the most beautiful card and I had to try and duplicate it.

This card involves the technique masking. I will say that my first go around did NOT turn out great...so let me offer you a few tips. Normally when I do the masking technique I use post it notes. You can get them at the dollar store (cheap) and they have a sticky back - perfect for the masking technique. However post it notes were NOT what should be used for this card. Since we are double stamping quite a bit of ink is being used. The other thing is my ink pads were nice and juicy which means even more ink. As you can see below the ink bled through the post its.

Well I was disappointed to say the least but I tried again. This time I used cardstock. The cardstock is thick so when I did stamp I had to make sure that I really pressed down where the mask was. When I was done with the card, I put my cardstock masks in the stamp case so next time I go to create I will have them. 
Thanks for stopping by!
Michelle

No comments: