Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's a FALL Blog Hop

Welcome to another Paper Wings blog hop featuring FALL creations using products from The Angel Company. Not everyone makes Halloween cards so for this hop we could make creations for fall and back to school as well. I enjoy making Halloween cards though so went with that for my stuff :)


For my card I used a new set, Spiders Are Seen as well as a variety of other stamps to make my "scene".
I stamped the corners using the awesome background stamp in the set with Staz-on white. Not sure you can tell but I stamped the chandelier with black ink and then embossed it using black embossing powder. I then sponged it with Cognac & Black ink. For the bat I did the same thing but only on black cardstock and then cut it out. I folded the wings and placed a few pop dots under them to give them some dimension. I'm usually a cutesy kind of stamper so this is pretty cool for me - IMO, of course :)


Next up, I did a cutesy creation - using the same stamp set, I took the CA-ute frog image and made a broach to wear during Halloween. I work at a Preschool so wanted something that wouldn't scare the kids, lol!


I forgot to add a sentiment with the image so used Staz-on Black to stamp it directly on the glass. Here's a close up of the CA-ute (yes, I'm saying it again, LOL) frog:

He is colored with pencils and OMS and then embossed using Transcendence Embossing powder and a VersaMark pen. After that I spritz the image with the Shimmer Sparkle spray. The spray wouldn't dry on the embossed portion so I just wiped over it so the shimmer would be on the white area...it's pretty cool IRL.

Hope you enjoy my creations and am glad you stopped by!Now hop on over to the other Angel blogs to see their FALL creations:



20 comments:

Christine Pennington said...

Good job girl! Both are nicely done!

Angie said...

Michelle I love this! That little charm is awesome!

Laurie Unger said...

CA-ute!!!!! Lovin' the frog!

Laura said...

Great projects! I love the pin made with the memory frame!

AmethystCat said...

Michelle - they are both CA-UTE!!! I just can't stop looking at the brooch. I think you've outdone yourself! I really like the "happy accident" with the sentiment on top of the glass. what a great idea! and, love the spooky card on top!

Betty said...

Super inspiring work, Michelle.

Lisadwb said...

The bat looks as if he is ready to fly right off your card. I like the background stamped in white.
LOL, that frog is CA-ute, everytime I see him that is what I say to myself. LOL The kids are going to like see you wear him. I bet before Halloween it has a million little fingerprints on it. =)

Julie Robinson said...

both projects are AMAZING! Never would have thought to do a pin - how clever! That is one of my favorite images from that stamp set!

Great Job!!!!!

Glittered Paws said...

What a cute idea making the brooch to wear - that is just too cute and I am sure the kiddos will love it. The first card took some creative planning - great job.

Patti J said...

Look at you - how clever you are!!! Love your card, but that pin is total cuteness! So much fun!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Rita W said...

I love the brooch. How creative and how cool. Those kids will absolutely go crazy over it. Great card too!

Angela K said...

What a wonderful card! Love the pin, so cute! TFS

Candi said...

Love, love, love your projects - especially the card!!!!

Chelsea said...

cute card and project! Great job!

Heather said...

Love your card and pin Michelle! great job!

Unknown said...

Love the card! The bat is just too cool! And the pin is wonderful!

Anna said...

Adorable! Love both of them! Love how you did your bat!

Maria Matter said...

omgosh, that frog is too cute! love your pin...brilliant!!!
fantastic halloween card, love your fun bat!!!
take care
blessings!

Kim said...

Wow... Love the card and all the details... Very cool : ) &

The broach is perfect for a Halloween adornment!!!

Chris said...

Love the card and that pin is amazing! So cute...love that you have it hanging with a ribbon.