Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Calendar Time With Softpencil

I had so much fun creating today's project - it was an awesome change to create something other than a card! I am a $ store junkie - If I find a good deal on something I grab it up. Of course, I don't always know what I'm going to do with my finding. But I know one day I will be able to figure something out. I picked up these paint your own wall plaques thinking I'd make some signs to hang around the house. When I saw that we were using a calendar template for our Softpencil Tuesday creation I knew that the plaque would be perfect!

You can find this awesome calendar (Two Birds on a Kite) in the Softpencil Etsy Shop. And remember there is SALE going on - 20% off ALL DESIGNS!!! What a deal!

I painted the edge of the plaque with pink paint and then traced it onto pattern paper. After the paint dried, I applied the pattern paper and sanded the edges. I then sponged brown ink around the edges to give it a "finished" look. Since the calendar is a digital image you can make it as big or small as you want. Perfect for ANY project!!

Here are a few close ups:

I paper pieced the kite. Not sure you can see the sparkle on the hearts and kite bows. It's just a little something something. I replaced the string the plaque came with and used my yummy chocolate grosgrain ribbon.

I {heart} this and hope you do too! The cool thing is I got it down BEFORE 2011...meaning it's ready to use!! Pretty cool, huh?

Remember that all the current digital images that are for sale are only available until January 2nd. After that they will be gone! So hurry on over to the ETSY store and get your stuff today!!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

ileana said...

Hi Michelle! this is gorgeous! love it! a great idea, thanks for sharing it :-) Hugs,

Kerry said...

So so pretty, Michelle!!! I love the dp and the color of your Michu, hehe! I colored him the same color, haha!

Tina said...

Michelle, this is so lovely and I am so glad you finished it early. I love it!

Fink said...

Outstanding! I love to find stuff like plaques! You did a wonderful project and it would also be great for Christmas gifts as well!

Cat said...

How precious! I LOVE the Dollar Stores too and often find inspiration there!

Jen Carter said...

This is adorable Michelle! I love it!

Elizabeth P said...

That plaque works very well with the calendar! I love your project Michelle!!! and love the gorgeous colours you used! ;)

Anne-Marije said...

Wow, I really love your calendar!
xxx Anne-Marije