Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flutter By - Summer Style

Happy Wednesday - whew this week is flying by!! I have to tell you it's been HOT here - in the upper 90's with heat index into the 110 - 115. Heat advisory the last 3 days and I'm SOOOOO ready for it to end! I keep asking myself why we don't have our pool up - I mean this would be the days that I'd be living in water!! What's really tormenting is taking Abby to swim lessons and watch her in the water while I'm sitting in the sun just wishing I could jump right in with her!!

So today our challenge on the Flutter By team was issued by Kimmie - we are supposed to make an outdoorsy card using either a butterfly or fairy. I decided to use Mojo Monday week 92 sketch for my card.


I didn't stamp anything (except the sentiment) and all the papers are from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack. Now I arranged my papers (subconsciously) like this - green on the bottom (grass), blue on the top (sky) and I matted in yellow (for the sun). Pretty neat huh? Me thinks I'm a genius, lol! The papers have glitter on them so it's a really pretty card in person!

Be sure to drop by Danni's blog to check out her card and to play along. Just link your creation using the Mr. Linky tool so we can all check out your creation. Last week I checked out some of the participants cards and whooweee they were pretty! Can't wait to see what you do this week! Also, stop by the other DT's blogs to see their outdoorsy card and thank Kimmie for a wonderful challenge!

Stay cool and thanks for stopping by!!

24 comments:

Stef H said...

this is beautiful. love those "blossoms & butterflies" paper

go jump in the pool!

hugs,

Tina said...

Michelle, this is so pretty. Love the paper choices.

Nicola said...

Now who´s a clever girl then? I sure racked my brains over this Michelle and here you are with a proper crafters mind. How ingenious to take the grass, sky and sun this way. It is soooo hot here too so I can sympathise but luckily we keep our pool open all year round but don´t use in winter months. Much cheaper to clean than empty and refill.
Have a lovely cool dip in the water sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Anna said...

Super cute! I have this paper, and it is very pretty! I really like how you did the butterfly pattern paper. I never think like that, and just use paper, instead of popping on an image.

Liz said...

I too think you're a genius!

Ann Kranitz said...

Me thinks your a genius too!!! Love this card. Great Job!!

Christine said...

Very pretty card. You've got a great mind!

Blessings,
Christine

Kimberly said...

This is too cute. I seriously love the butterfly paper!!

Kimmie said...

great cards. LOVE them!

Lelia Pierce said...

I love the Mojo Monday sketch and your interpretation of it! The simpleness of this card is fabby with the butterfly DP! Wonderful!

Hugs,
Lelia

Cindy Haffner said...

So very pretty.

Nancy said...

Sometimes, everything just comes together, and it did in this card, Michelle! I LOVE it!! Great job!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Yup, this is genius work here! I love the butterfly dp and great paper choices for the 'scene'! Hugs, Harriet

Jodi said...

Oh I love all your butterflies and the pretty colors on your papers too! Such a fun card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Juls said...

love this card, its so funky!

Maria Matter said...

Oooo, what pretty butterflies! This is wonderful!

Blessings, Maria

Danni said...

Clever, clever girl! Very nice card and love the scrappers floss, you get it to twist so nice!!

Cathy said...

Hi Michelle,

Love your card!! Very pretty!!

Hugs, Cathy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty!!! I have this paper and haven't used it yet!! You used it perfectly!! Gorgeous card!! So cheery!!

Kim said...

Michelle, that's gorgeous - I love that paper!

Tammi said...

Michelle your card is amazing!! That butterfly paper is pretty, love your cute card! It's finally hot here now too, high 90s today! xx

Kristie W. said...

LOVE this card!! What a fabulous idea to create a scene of sorts with the paper. WTG on an awesome creation!

Barb said...

So pretty, Michelle! LOVE the butterfly paper and the piercing detail around the sentiment!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, love all the butterflies.