Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Create A Scene

That's the challenge this week for Flutter by Wednesday, issued by Heather. Now Heather is really good at creating scenes...me not so much!! I'm really good at imagining more so then executing but after MANY days and painstaking hours (just kidding, Heather) I came up with something. I really have Jen to thank for her card in this post. When I saw how she used the Happy Thoughts set from TAC I knew that I could base my scene around it.

Now you are probably thinking that Abby made this card (ha, ha) but I did it - all by myself :o) As I was making the card I kept thinking about my younger days...when I just created whatever I vision or felt. Sometimes I forget to do that - I get too caught up in things and lose sight of why I do this. This card was FUN to make - I kept smiling the whole time. Honestly, wouldn't you smile?

The butterfly is a 3d sticker from K&Co. The stamp set (happy thoughts) is from TAC. I stamped it with Belle Rose & Chartreuse Palette Pads. I added buttons tied with Scrappers Floss. All cardstock is DCWV - blue is sanded to give the feel of the sky. Orange is inked with Orangerie Palette pad.

I hope you decide to play along with this week's challenge. Remember your creation needs to contain a butterfly or fairy along with a scene. Stop by Danni's blog to leave a link to your creation so we can all check it out. Also, be sure to stop by the other designers blog to see what they have done!

Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

Tina said...

So fun and cheerful!

Laurie said...

It is adorable!! And fun! I love the big sun! The way you used happy thoughts is so cute! :)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Michelle, how are you keeping my friend? sorry i have not been about for a while, you've been busy with so many gorgeous makes on here hunny!! love them all. Hope to be in touch again soon, hugs Linda x

Stef H said...

this is beautiful! that sun looks like it was hard to do but it's stunning!

hugs,

Anna said...

Super cute, Michelle! I love seeing people use that TAC set, because at first, I kinda went, blah, and now everyone keeps making fun cards with it.

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Michelle! This is actually ADORABLE! I love it! I've been thinking about what to do for FBW this morning as well. This is just so cute. TFS!

Christina said...

This is beautful! I think you're good at scenes!

Barb said...

I love this cheery card, Michelle! Fab detail with the paper piercer, too :)

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job Michelle! As I'm looking at all of your creations I'm amazed at the different directions everyone went in. :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Harriet Skelly said...

Michelle, this is such a fun scene! I love that strip along the bottom with the flowers and buttons! So cute! Hugs, Harriet

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and cheerful scene!! I love your colors!! Love the strip of flowers you created with the buttons. So dimensional!

Ineke said...

A very nice card. I like all about it. Greetings Ineke

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh perfect,, love your card.

Nancy said...

Michelle, this is so adorable!! And, it doesn't look like a child made it!! I love it! The buttons are such a nice touch!! Great job!!

Alley said...

This is such fun I love how you've added the buttons.

Danni said...

This is just so fun! I think you did a great job...love the flutter by!

Kim said...

Michelle, that's adorable - you make it look so easy!

Cassie said...

so cute! i love the sun and the way you did the flower border is AWESOME!

Heather Schlatter said...

Michelle,

I think you did a lovely job on this challenge I love how you made the sun and you did a great job for your first "Scene" I came by earlier to see it before I had time to comment and I loved it then and I still love it now!!!

I really love the patterned Flutter By!!!

Heather

Christine said...

I love this! I especially like the way you did the flowers!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Ann Kranitz said...

So adorable!! Love those little flowers!!!

Linda said...

Great scene! I love the button flowers.

Rachel said...

such a pretty card!
hugs,
Rachel