Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Card A Day In The Month Of May

****ETA - with Blogger having issues, I lost this post and am reposting it****

Yes, it's true! This month the Savvy Projects blog is showcasing a card every day! Talk about inspiration galore!! And if you are a sketch lover, like myself, it gets even better because each week a different sketch from the fabulous Heather will be used!!

Sometimes I feel as though I'm about two steps behind - and this week I'm like 4 days late in showing my card that I actually had done BEFORE May! Oh well such is life. So first up is my creation using week 1 sketch



The Sketch - Heather even includes the dimensions so it's easy cutting!!



Had to grab my favorite set Happily Grateful. Tried to use bright happy colors as I want to make the recipient smile when they get this!



Added some Scrapper's Floss and a button to add some interest. Whatcha think?


Next is this week's sketch :D



I decided to use the Stamp Of The Month, Sunflowers for this card. In the month of May you can get this fabulous set for only $7.95 with a qualifying purchase.




Just trying to show how I paper pieced the container and cut out the sunflowers and attached with some pop dots. I added a little shading around the flowers to give it more depth as well.



Around the red cardstock, I used my Scor-Buddy to add an embossed box. It just gives it a little more "umph".

So whatcha think? Please take a few minutes/hours/days to go check out the Savvy Projects blog and all the inspiration! Better yet, add your own inspiration and play along. We'd love to have you!!

1 comment:

Danni said...

Both of these are wonderful! I still need to make mine..hopefully this weekend!