Monday, May 30, 2011

My First Christmas Card for 2011!

Hope you had a great weekend! I meant to post this early but was enjoying the weather with family. Plus today marks my 13th wedding anniversary so I felt it only right to spend some time helping the hubby where I could :D

So May is almost over which means the Savvy Projects Card A Day In May promo is almost over. We have one more sketch for you.

It's a nice "easy" one that allows for a large image. I decided to ink up Hung On A Tree and finally get a Christmas card created. Since I'm not on the CSAYL DT anymore I haven't been doing any Christmas cards and I think that's going to end up biting me later on. Oh well...too much going on and I need to take a break somewhere!

I colored the tree with pencils and OMS and then added some sparkle using the Stardust Clear Gelly Pen. Not sure you can see but I used some yellow shimmer chalk to add some depth around the tree...really makes it shimmer!

It's nice to have one Christmas card done...I think it may inspire me to try and do some more each week! Yeah right we'll see if that happens!! With summer vacation here there is so much I want to do...but so far I'm enjoying the taking it easy part!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Hi Michelle, Happy Anniversary!!! Hope your weekend has been a good one, especially your day today! Your Christmas card is beautiful - that is such a pretty tree! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs...

StampingbugKerry said...

Wooo hooo!!! Great Christmas card. Love the image too! You've inspired me to create some Christmas cards. Last year wasn't a good card-sending Christmas...as I lost my address book!!!

Kerry

Chelsea said...

ugh ... do we have to think about Christmas now??? :)

Today was such a nice day finally! I do not want snow/Christmas for quite a while!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful Michelle! Congrats on 13 years too!