Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FBW #154 - Anything But A Card

Welcome to another Flutter By Wednesday! The challenge this week is to create ANYTHING BUT A CARD - remember to include your butterflies, angels or fairies on it as well.

I used one of the new Mabelle RO digital images called Cups of Kindness. You can get it at Whimsy and Stars Studio. I think it's an image that can be used for so many reasons. I wasn't sure what to create for this challenge so I went with a magnet...I know my fridge has them and my Mom collects magnets so it's something that would make a nice little "thinking of you" or "thank you" kind of gift.


It's kind of hard to tell from the photo but I put Glossy Accents on the butterfly die cuts and then sprinkled some glitter on them. The magnet is made using a Basic Grey chipboard tag...Lord, knows how long I've had them! Know I idea where I got them or when that's how old they are :D


I buy magnetic strips by the roll. One side has adhesive so it's easy to apply. Seems to really hold too. Of course, it's only been a couple of days since I made this so ask me again in a week, lol! I applied Walnut Ink to the edges of the chipboard which is what you are seeing on the back - in case you were wondering what that brown looking stuff is.

I hope you will join us this week. Sometimes it's fun to think outside the box and do something a little different. I liked working on a smaller scale - and now I have a cute little gifty all ready to go! Be sure to stop by the FBW blog for all the details. Remember the DT is awesome so check out their blogs for more inspiration...you can find their links on my sidebar!

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Kimberly S said...

This is so pretty Michelle, and what a fun idea! That's a lovely image you picked, and the colors are so cheery. :)

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, great idea! And magnets make such great gifts too. :)

Danni said...

I about fell off my chair..you--not know what to create? you are the queen of projects!! Love your little magnet, so cute!!!

Anna said...

Cuteness! Wonderful idea! Love the image too!

Chelsea said...

Love the colors!!

Chelsea said...

Love the colors!!

Chelsea said...

Love the colors!!

Kristie W. said...

It's so cute, what a great idea!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh a magnet for the fridge is a great idea - this is adorable!!