Monday, August 18, 2014

3D Flower using Retro Sketch Challenge


I was able to find some time on Sunday to do a little creating and I was challenged to create a card using a new technique. This means a new technique to me. I choose to learn how to make 3D flowers. Stampin' Up! has a video showing different ways to make these flowers. I used Filter Paper to make this card. The video showed using 3 sheets of Filter Paper but I only used one since I knew I wanted to make a card with it. 

After making the flower I took Stampin' Spritzer filled with alcohol and Strawberry Slush ink refill. Shook it then sprayed it on the flower. As I did I would scrunch the flower up. I did this cause I wanted to have part of the flower retain the white to it. 

Since I used Strawberry Slush for the flower, I then went through my DSP to see which paper coordinated with it. Confetti Celebration was a winner :D. Next I went looking for a sketch and came across this beauty that I had pinned to my Card Sketch Board on Pinterest. 


I'm entering this card in challenge #128. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Michelle

No comments: