Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Masculine Birthday Card

I have such a hard time with male cards - I don't know if it's the color choices or the embellishments that cause me trouble but I seem to avoid masculine cards as much as I can. I was looking through my cards and noticed I didn't have very many birthday cards on hand so I thought I'd use the CAC sketch to make one. Here is the sketch from PageMaps:

and here is my card:
I used scraps (all from Chatterbox), my Quickutz diamond die and my Cuttlebug Embossing folder. It feels good to use those dies and machines that I spent so much money on! I stamped Birthday Wishes (from TAC) and adhered two small rhinestones. I should have inked the diamonds before I adhered them to the card but forgot. And since I used permanent Xyron I couldn't remove them. So I used my trusty white gel pen and just outlined each diamond. After I did that I decided to sand the embossing paper to have a little white show there as well.

I think it's a great male birthday card - what do you think? Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

Danni said...

Love this! I think you did a wonderful job on it! It couldn't of been easy to make the diamond shapes!

Janna said...

This is really cool!! I adore the way you used the sketch with the diamonds. For some reason diamonds always say masculine to me and the texture with the eb folder is perfect! Great job!

smiles,
janna