Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday #12

Yippee another Flutter By card - that's why you are visiting today, right? We all know that Wednesday's on my blog mean another Flutter By creation! There is lots going on this week so grab a cup a coffee and read on. First off, this week is a special week for Danni as she is celebrating 50 weeks of Flutter By Wednesday's! So guess what?! Yep, she's giving away BLOG CANDY!!! Here is a picture of all the fabulous goodies

Be sure to stop by Danni's blog to read all the details!! While you are there you'll want to check out the guest designer this week. It's Catherine St. Clair from Paper Garden Projects. Plus you'll also see Heather's work since she is the featured member this week. Both are very talented ladies and I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Our challenge this week was to use a wonderful Maria Bell sketch. Have you been to her blog? She does AMAZING work and I just love that she includes so many sketches. Here is the sketch we had to use


And here is my card using it

Whatcha think? Pretty cool, huh? I just love the fun SPRING colors! Here's a close up of the butterfly

I used my Cuttlebug die and embossing folder. I've had it for quite some time and had never used it and I was perfect for what I wanted to achieve! I can thank fellow team member Cassie for encouraging me to use my Cuttlebug more! The DP is retired from TAC and the sentiment is from Heidi Grace. I used DCWV cardstock - love that stuff! It's white core so I can sand it and get a white distressed looked!

Don't forget to check out the other team members blogs to see their creation. The links are in the sidebar. This is Ami & Kimmie's last week as designers so be sure to visit them - they will be missed!

Whew that was a long one. I hope I didn't forget any important information...when in doubt check Danni's blog since she's the Flutter By creator! Have a great Wednesday and thanks for looking!!

12 comments:

Tina said...

This is so pretty, love that ginormous butterfly and those lovely papers.

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Michelle! Love the swiss dotted butterfly & the fancy scallop border.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Michelle,

I so enjoy your creations every Wednesday the colors here are so pretty together and I love the bright cheerful card!!!!

You did a wonderful job on the sketch and I so enjoyed your sweet comments on my blog yesterday!!!

I also like your new blog background!!!

Have a great day Michelle your Rocked it again girl!!!

Heather

Cassie said...

so, so cute michelle! i love the colors you used -and that punched edge - I've been wanting that border punch for awhile now!

how funny that we both used that die cut to make a polka dotted flutter by?

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I really need to get that die for my CB, it's amazing!

Jodi said...

Great card and Love that butterfly. Your papers are so perfectly matched!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Janna said...

OH Michelle I love, love, love it!!! You did an amazing job with this sketch and pickign out the perfect color combo! What a great treatment with your sentiment and the bow! But that butterfly makes this card! IT is so amazing!!! Gorgeous creation!!

Smiles,
janna

Danni said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! I {heart} this!! Love that butterfly~~why do I always forget to use my dies? LOL!
Gorgeous job!

Anna said...

What a lovely card! It's so perfect for spring! Love the big butterfly on there too!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card! Love all the colours you used in it, they go well together! Thanks for following us over at the cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Hugs

~Spike

Cathy said...

I love this card!!! So pretty and that butterfly is awesome!!

Tammi said...

Beautiful Michelle! Love that polka dot butterfly and the colors.