Monday, April 6, 2009

Christmas Card #11

Sorry for the break in posts. My neck really started to bother me and I just couldn't stand sitting at the computer. I'm happy to report that my neck is doing better. I had an appointment to see the doctor on Friday for some blood work and a check up before this neck thing even started. I ended up having to get an x-ray & an ultrasound done as well, both of which had NOTHING to do with my neck. I should get the results today and am hoping this is the first step in feeling better. Enough about that you're here to see a Christmas card, right?! Well this week we were given the following sketch:

and here's my creation:

Isn't it cute? I just love this image! Quick story - one of the things I love about blogging and being a part of different groups is the people that you meet. I've talked with so many different people and it's so fun to get to know each one. I joined a image swap on the Christmas Stampin All Year Long group on PCP and was partnered with Linda. We've kept in touch and swapped some other images since then. This last time she sent me two actual stamps and this is one of them! Isn't that too cool - she's just so sweet and I'm glad we've met. Okay enough about that... Here's a close up of the image:

Want more samples? Visit the Stampin All Year Long Blog or visit the other team member's blogs. Of course, if you are creating a Christmas Card why not play along? We'd love to see your creation!

Thanks for looking!!

Details:
Card size: 5x7
Stamps: Whiff of Joy; Gel-a-tin (sentiment)
Paper: BasicGrey, black cardstock and yellow#3 DCWV
Other: Copics, Marvy Uchida Super Jumbo Oval & Mega Scallop Oval Punches; Black ribbon

11 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, how cute is that image. I love the colors and the layout is terrific.

Anna said...

Way fun layout! Will have to try that this week! That image is darling! Love the new look of your blog too! Very pretty!

Tammi said...

Wonderful card and sketch, nice coloring Michelle! That was sweet of her to send you some stamps! :)

Hope all goes well with the results. ~Hugs

inlovestamping said...

Michelle,

I love your card this week! The image is just adorable and the paper combo you used works nicely!

Danni said...

So, so cute!! What a wonderful job you did!!
So glad your neck is feeling better! Hugs!

Jodi said...

Great job on the sketch and she is a very cute image!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Marcia said...

This card is adorable! It will be so fun for someone to receive!

Maria said...

Hey Michelle! I'm glad to hear that you and Linda hit it off! Linda is a sweet person. Your card turned out beautifully!! I love that image. . .it's so cute and wow, you do an awesome job coloring the image. So bright and vibrant!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week!!

Maria

Cathy said...

I love your card!! Your colors are so pretty and bright!!

I'm glad your neck is feeling better. Hope all is well with all other tests.

How sweet of her to send you some stamps!!! Blogging is wonderful!! So fun!!!

Hugs, Cathy

Janna said...

Michelle I am sorry to hear about your neck! I hope that when you go to the doctor they find out what is wrong so that they can fix it! I will be thinking of you!! I love this card! This image is just too cute and your colored her in so beautifully! How sweet that Linda sent it to you! That is just amazing! You did a great job with this sketch!

Smiles,
janna

Heather Schlatter said...

How cute is this image??? This actually happened to us a couple of years ago, and unfortunetly several orniments were broken in the process!!! I really think your coloring is wonderful as well!!!

Great Job Michelle!!!

Heather