Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday #13

Boy do I have a busy day planned today! Lots of errands and I have to finish up my taxes, arghhhh. Oh well at least after today I can say - they're done! Today's flutter by creation was a fun one for me. I got to use a stamp that I've had for about a year and never used. A friend of mine that I met in Memphis would teach this awesome Holly Berry Class at the LSS. In case you didn't know, I worked at the LSS (HI GUYS!!) and had the pleasure of scheduling all the classes and working closely with the instructors. They were a bunch of VERY talented ladies! I rarely had the opportunity to take classes though - I was either working or taking care of my daughter since my husband was busy with optometry school. Before I moved though, I made sure that I learned how to use these Holly Berry Stamps.


So our challenge for this week was to use NO pattern/designer paper!! You guys know how hard this is for me! Then I realized that the Holly Berry Stamp would be perfect since that takes center stage. Now this is my FIRST time EVER doing a Holly Berry creation so be gentle...



A few things I realized that would make the process a lot easier - make sure you have enough time, make sure you have multiple sheets of the cardstock colors you choose, and don't have your "base" be one of the main layers of your card! So I had to improvise - that's why the green "base" is sponged with charcoal ink (to make the butterfly pop a little more).

Here's a close up of the butterfly and it's layers:

It's a little hard to tell but I stamped & embossed the image on two sheets of green cardstock and one on pink and yellow. I then cut out each section that I wanted to highlight. The yellow section is adhered to the green without foam tape. The reason I had to even stamp on the green was so the butterfly's antennas would show. I mean I couldn't cut those out!! Then the pink is cut and layered with foam adhesive. Lastly the green section is done the same way.

I was going to add glitter but the embossing really sparkles and I wasn't sure how it would turn out so I decided not to chance it...especially since I didn't have anymore of the right cardstock colors! I've already started thinking of what colors I want to do next - and this time it should go a little faster since I KIND of know what I'm doing, LOL!

So what do you think? I'd love to know so leave me a comment! Why not play along? Just go to Danni's blog and leave a link to your creation. While you are there see the card that the featured artist, Ann, created. Or if you'd rather upload your creation to an online gallery like SCS or PCP just use keyword FBW. This week I'm happy to report that we have a new team member, Nancy. Be sure to stop by her blog and welcome her to the team!

Have a fluttering day and thanks so much for looking!

14 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG!! THIS IS AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your colors, the stamp, the layout, everything about the card is fabulous!

Tina said...

Michelle, this is stunning! That butterfly is super cool. Love this!!

Anna said...

Very pretty. Is this the same company that makes really elegant Christmas stamps, and Easter stamps? Some people use glitter with them? I've seen a style like this at a LSS, and they were amazing to see in person.

Danni said...

Wow!! This is soooo gorgeous!! Wow!! You really stepped up to this challenge! Love this!! Wow, wow, wow!!

Jodi said...

A beautiful butterfly and love those colors against that background. Great job!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh Wow Michelle picking my jaw up off the floor over here!!! Your card is gorgeous in every way the colors the embossing (I am a silver girl) the layers of the Flutter By!!! Loving it Michelle you are just upstaging yourself every week!!!! Something more and more amazing to see!!!

Great Job I love it and I always love your sweet detailed comments on my blog you always make me smile and make my day!!!!

Heather

Ashley Newell said...

WOW! This looks fantastic! I love the embossing!

Kristie W. said...

Wow!!!! Your card is incredible. What an amazing stamp!

Maria said...

I think your butterfly is BEAUTIFUL! I love the sparkle from the embossing and the color combination is fantastic. Such a beauty of a card, Michelle!! Keep up the fantastic work!!

Maria

Tammi said...

Elegant and beautiful, the embossing adds so much!

Janna said...

This card is just so, so beautiful Michelle!! Wow! I have never heard of this technique but I really want to try it now! I love the embossing and the way the layers are popped off one another! Makes it look like the butterfly just landed on your card! So, so cool!!!

Smiles,
janna

Cathy said...

Michelle,
Love your butterfly!! Very pretty color combo. Really nice!!

Moist heat for the neck!! Trust me, I live with neck pain so I know what I'm talking about. Take care!!

Hugs, Cathy

inlovestamping said...

Love this butterfly card. Just beautiful!!!