Sunday, October 19, 2008

Treat Bags & Artwork

I've seen tons of Frankenstein treat bags in the blogging world and thought they were so cute. I decided that I wanted to do something for Abby's preschool class but knew that I wanted to use only what I had on hand. I didn't want to purchase anything to make them. Here is what I came up with.

I used green lunch sacks (5 for $1.oo at Wal-mart) and everything else is scrap paper using my punches, scissors or Quickutz Die. I pretty proud of myself! I mean these are pretty cute (the 5 year olds will think so anyway, lol!) and I didn't spend but 20 cents on each one!! The sacks are filled with treats, tattoos and spider rings. On the back I decorated pixie sticks and tied them onto the bag.
Now if anyone knows me I have a bad habit of starting something and not being able to do anything else until I finish it! It totally consumes me! Well I just had to finish these bags once I started them so even though Abby helped punch out parts, I went ahead and finished them after she went to bed. I mean I needed to accomplish something today! Well Abby wasn't mad but she did decide that she needed to make her own Frankensteins. She was so excited to "surprise" me with her creations. So without further ado here is my little artists work...


She did this on her own! I think she did a GREAT job! I told her I was going to take a picture of them and put them on the blog for everyone to see. She was so happy and screamed "the whole world is going to see them!!" I didn't have the heart to tell her that probably only about 10 people would, LOL!

Happy Sunday and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Michelle,
These are too cute! She did such a great job. They totally look like a little family of Frankensteins to me.

BTW, yours are totally adorable.

Tara said...

Hey Michelle, your bags are almost as cute as Abby's!