Thursday, August 27, 2009

As promised

Good morning! I've got a quick post for you as I'm knee deep in projects that I need to finish - I have a Scor-Pal class tonight that I'm teaching and a FUNShop on Sunday so there is lots to be done!

Yesterday, I promised to share a scrapbook page that I completed. It was so fun to change things up a bit and scrapbook instead of just making cards. While making cards is one of my favorite things to do I find that scrapbooking is just as rewarding - it just takes me longer, lol! With Abby in school full time, I'm really missing her and scrapbooking "our" times has really helped me. It's hard to believe that she was so small at one time!!

Anyway, the page today actually isn't documenting a "fun" time. As moms we see the good and bad. With Abby her frustrations really came when she didn't get to stay up or if I told her no - boy did she hate that! Come to think of it she still doesn't like it (lol) but at least I don't have the little tantrums - now I have the grunting and sassing! When I first starting scrapbooking, I documented a lot of holidays and such. But now I enjoy scrappin the everyday moments so more.

I think it's important to document some of those tears - I mean Abby needs to realize she wasn't perfect! The title for me is the best part of the page - "Life with a 3 yr old isn't always a bowl of cherries". Titles aren't my strong point and I love how the paper gave me my title!

Well there you have it - a quick single page for you. Tomorrow I'll share a 2 page spread. I'd like to say I'd share at least one page a week but I don't want to put that kind of pressure on me! I mean it's supposed to be fun and I don't want to feel obligated to do it...especially when I have so much going on with TAC and my new job starting. I'm sure you all understand!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Stef H said...

awwww! isn't she a doll! tears & all. i forget when they're that young. i wish jade was in school only because she really needs the socializing. but her mom says NO. go figure! i even offered to pay for it! GGGRRRRR!

hugs,

Karen Wilson said...

I love this page. I was a scrapbooker before a card maker, so I have a bunch of scrapbooks already completed and I love making sure I capture all those moments. I think they're precious. I think it also reminds us that through all the good and the bad, the smiles and the tears, we're teaching them life lesson's each and every day. Great job on your page and Abby is an absolute doll.

Ashley Newell said...

How cute! I love the pictures!

Tammi said...

A great page for her to look back on someday! Especially when she has her own children. ;) xx

Anna said...

Gosh, what a great page! Wonderful to scrap those nonspecial moments too! Seeing two pages in a row, makes me wanna scrap. I'm way behind, and just had some new photos developed! Might have to do that later!

Nicola said...

Love your title and wonderful page Michelle. I bet Abby will appreciate this page when she grows up and has children of her own. What an awesome keepsake.
Hugs,
Nicola xx