Monday, August 3, 2009

Debbie's Sketch Challenge #28

So I'm busy reading New Moon and am going to make this short so I can get back to reading. Ok, honestly I'm still in bed as I have this post scheduled and I stayed up WAY too late reading, lol! We had company over all day Saturday and I had a FUNShop on Sunday so I haven't had a lot of time to read!!

For the Christmas Blog, we were issued a challenge by Debbie to use a sketch this week. It's a good one and was a lot of fun to do! So here is the sketch:
and here is my card:

The DP is Heidi Grace from a couple of years ago that I've been holding on to. I used my Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder for the top half of the card. The image is a digital image freebie from Dustin Pike. He has some really cool stuff. In July his images were Christmas theme so had to snag them since I'm making at least one Christmas card a week! I colored the bear with my Copics and added a little crystal Stickles to the candy cane to give it a little shine. Pretty simple card but oh so cute, right?

Well I hope you have a great day! If I don't make it by your blog today just realize that I'm deep in my book. I'll be done soon though - or I'll be going insane!! Thanks so much for stopping by...

17 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Awww, this is cute! Enjoy New Moon!

Tina said...

Love this, so cute. The sketch is great.
Enjoy New Moon, it's a good read.

Patti J. said...

Very very cute card - and what a darling image! Love this sketch too - thanks for sharing! Happy reading today...

Liz said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
I SO knew you would be hooked! I love it! But just remember,... Edward is MINE!!!

Stef H said...

i remember when i used to read at least 3 books a week. now? since i've retired? i found card making and blogging. can you believe i have not read a book in 3 years!!! omWORD!!!! but i do love the stephanie plum series by janet evanovich. talk about LMAO!

hurry back!

hugs,

Maria said...

OOh, that bear is so cute. . .I wish I grabbed it too. Oh, well! Your card is adorable. . .you did an awesome job coloring the image and wow, love the dp that you used. . very pretty. Keep up the great work. . you're doing fabulous!!

Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute Michelle!! Love the colors and that adorable image. Awesome coloring! I left you something on my blog.

Cathy said...

Hi Michelle,

I love your card!! So cute!! I had to snag that image too. I just think he is adorable. Love your papers too.

New Moon is really good. They're all good!!! I read and can't stop myself!! It's wonderful, until I get up the next day and I can't function. Oh well, thoughts of Edward help!!LOL Very cute card.

Hugs, Cathy

Joan Ottevanger said...

Hi Michelle, this is a very lovely card love your image

Danni said...

I love to read but not enough hours in the day with my other hobby...errr, umm obsession! LOL!
Cute card...what a fun bear and that paper is so fun!

Jodi said...

Very cute card for the challenge!! Love your coloring too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Amy Kolling said...

Hey, Michelle!! I finished reading the Twilight series a couple of months ago and I couldn't put them down until I'd finished all of them!

Very cute card!!

Patty Chalas said...

Michelle: great card! Very cute teddy...

hugs,

Anna said...

Super cute! That's a darling image, and I love the bling!

Tammi said...

I don't blame you, I couldn't be bothered when I was reading those either! ;) A cute image and card, makes me want to get out my CB folders again, I have so many, just never use them!

Melisa Waldorf said...

adorable!!

inlovestamping said...

Isn't this little guy the cutest image! I will have to check out the site you posted....have to have this one! Great papers too.