Monday, August 31, 2009

Challenge #32 - Traditional Colors

What a weekend - I didn't even get NEAR enough stuff done! Isn't that always the case though! Today is Monday and what does that mean - well a Christmas card of course! BUT it also means the first day of my new job!! I'm excited and nervous but I think this will be a good thing. Today the kids aren't actually there. It's just the teachers as it's our staff retreat where we get ready. Next Tuesday is when I actually meet the kids (and parents, yikes!) so you can bet that my stomach will be in knots on that day!

Because I was so busy this weekend, I didn't even get a chance to blog surf. Plus being gone all day today won't leave me much time again - SO don't think I'm ignoring you...I promise I'll be by in the next couple of days and will catch up!!

Today, Vicki issued us the challenge to use traditional Christmas colors. You know, red and green plus a little silver and gold. Well I used red, green, silver and black - hey it's a neutral color so it's gotta be okay! I've been wanting to try the Mojo Monday anniversary sketches so I used one of those for my card.

Now the challenge didn't say just one shade of green :o) This is paper left over from my Christmas cards a few years back. I used my square punch so the card came together really fast. I was going to stamp and color a Santa but I just didn't have the energy! I think this 3d sticker is just fine though.

That's it for me today - be sure to check out the blog to see the other members creations and to upload yours! Hope you have a great Monday (as great as they can be anyway!) Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

Tina said...

I am really liking this. The layout is cool.

Anna said...

Too cute! Fun layout to use up scraps! Good luck on your job today! I'm sure you're gonna have a wonderful day!

Cathy said...

Hey Michelle,

Congrats on the new job!! I hope you like it a lot. I love your card. So very cute!! great take on the challenge. Hope all is well. Hugs, Cathy

Maria said...

New job? Wow, how exciting! Is it full time? Hope not. . .then you won't have much time to craft! LOL!

Love your card, Michelle! That Santa is a cutie! YOu did a fantastic job with the traditional colors with a touch of gold! We have 2 1/2 months to go! How time flies, huh!

Maria

Marcia said...

This is such a cute card! and I think it fits the challenge to a T!

Stef H said...

what an absolutely awesome card! i just love it!

and have a fantastic first day of work!

hugs,

Danni said...

You're going to be awesome, quit worrying!!
Cute card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I hope you had a great day today Michelle!! I am sure you willl do awesome. I remember how exciting the first week was when I was teaching. If you ever want to share, email or call me. I would love to hear your experiences.

Your card is too cute!! Love the Santa and the layout!!

hugs,
Chris

Nicola said...

Ooh I love those squares Michelle and santa sure is a cutie, fabby card sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tammi said...

Great paper and layout, this is fabulous! Hope your first day went well! :)