Monday, August 24, 2009

Snow Globe

Hello to you! If you've visited by blog before you know that today is Christmas Monday and I'm so excited about sharing my card! I had this idea on what I wanted to do but wasn't sure if I'd get it to look the way I wanted when I actually tried it - but it worked and it's AWESOME!!

The challenge issued this week by Sankari is to create a non A2 Christmas card. That means the card can be anything but the traditional size of 4.25 x 5.50. I decided to try and do a snow globe (since I love them!) and to use a new set of stamps that I received.
I used my large circle Coluzzle for the globe and cut the base to go along with it. I then cut another circle on white cardstock and stamped my image on it. Next I glued diamond dust all over the white cardstock. While that was drying I cut another circle this time using acetate. The acetate goes over the top and back of the card (it's adhered on the back and under the red strip of cardstock). Below is a close up of the globe.

So whatcha think? Is it a thumbs up or thumbs down? I'm thinking it's two thumbs up but I'm the creator so I think I'm a little biased :o)

Stop by the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to see what the other design team members have created. While you are there leave a link to your creation - come on it's time to start playing along. Christmas will be here before you know it!!

This weekend I was able to get some projects done so I'm happy to say I have a post for everyday this week ready to go. Now I'm working on finishing up my Scor-Pal Class - if you are near Topeka and want to come it's Thursday night at 6:30 and costs $15. You'll make 4 wonderful projects that are sure to please. Email me for directions and details!!

Thanks so much for stopping by - hope your Monday is a good one!

12 comments:

Tina said...

So cool, love this!

Stef H said...

omgoodness, michelle! this is awesome and gorgeous and fabulous and..... and..... like wow! i absolutely love it!

super job!

hugs,

Cathy said...

Very cute Michelle! Love the Snow globe! Great job!! Hugs,Cathy

Barb said...

This is so cute, Michelle! LOVE all of the diamond dust, and what a cute image for the 'inside' :)

Anna said...

Too cute, Michelle! Great job making your snowglobe!

Marcia said...

Perfect card for this challenge!

Tina said...

hey thanks for the sweet comment - I adore your card - love the shape of it - you other dt members really rock it - I hope to be just as good some day!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card.

Cindy Haffner said...

So cool, awesome job.

valerie joy said...

Two thumbs up, without a doubt.

Heather Schlatter said...

Michelle I totally love this card the shape and the idea are totally wonderful and the execution is gorgeous!!! You are so super talented girl!!!

Heather

Maria said...

Wow, Michelle! What an awesome globe card! I LOVE IT! It's a major two thumbs up for sure! I have to try this project. .. looks like a lot of fun! I love the diamond dust you added! It's perfect!! Great job on this week's challenge!!

Maria