Thursday, January 21, 2010

Have a Happy Day

Yep that's right ANOTHER post from me this week!! I'm on a roll :) Today I'm sharing a new little cutie from TAC with you. I used Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #98 (TESC98) for the layout. I don't have any of her stamps but I know she's a fan of cupcakes. I got this new set, which will be available in the new Serendipity called Cupcake Cuties. I knew it would be PERFECT to use on one of her sketches.

The paper is some that I picked up at Target a few years back. The sentiment is also from TAC and is a new hostess set available in the Serendipity. I stamped the image and colored her with Copics. I LOVE how the cupcake turned out. I paper pieced the cupcake holder. I then used Liquid Applique on the cupcake. After applying it I sprinkled ultra fine glitter on it. Then I heat set it to give it the puffy shiny finish. Here is a close up of the cupcake

I wish I could get the sparkle better but trust me it's there and oh so cute!! So whatcha think? Makes me want a cupcake :)

And speaking of the new Serendipity...

My copy just arrived!! Along with it were copies for you - that's right I have them now and you can get one just for you!! They are $3 (plus shipping) and are full of new stamp sets and awesome ideas! There are tons of how to tutorials plus 4 pull out idea cards in the back! It's a steal at only $3!! Contact me to get yours today!!

13 comments:

Patti J said...

HA! That background paper was made for your little cupcake gal!!! What a cute card! Love it, love it!!!

Elizabeth P said...

Soooo cute card Michelle! I love how the liquid applique looks on the cupcake! very pretty! ;)

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card! love the colors and that cupcake frosting does look wonderful!!!

is that the new tac serendipity??? i'll take one. i'll paypal you the $$$. just let me know the total. or a check.

hugs :)

kris said...

That's a beautiful card!! i LOVE the BG paper... and that image is so CUTE! the liquid applique looks great as frosting!! =D hugs, Kris

Barb said...

Adorable! And yes... yes it does make me want a cupcake ;)

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Wow - I love that cupcake! Such a cool technique. The card is adorable!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card. Though I'm really against eating desserts that are bigger than my head, lol.

Danni said...

Ack! you're killing me girlfriend!! This new Serendipity is going to take all of Sam's money I can tell!
Totally, totally adorable!! LOVE this! You rock!

Anna said...

So cute! I have this set, but haven't cut it out yet! Making me want to go do that and stamp something!

Debby said...

Fabulous card and I would love a Serendipity! Paypal? email me. let me know. debbyboltman at verizon dot net.

Linda said...

I love your card. I love the Angel company stamps. I am just getting to know them. Your card is fantastic.

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, this is lovely! Outstanding job!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card!!!!
sweet and lovely little girl