Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Flutter By Wednesday - Butterflies

I decided to change it up a bit for today. My card today doesn't have any coloring on it - that's right there is stamping but I took a break from the 'ol Copics and Prismacolor Pencils. You know what? It feels good too - and I so {HEART} this card!

I guess I should step back and give you the details about the challenge this week! It's an OPEN one - but remember you MUST USE A BUTTERFLY, FAIRY or ANGEL on your card! It's only fair you follow the rules to be included in the challenge. And how do you do that? Just stop by the Flutter By Wednesday Blog and link your creation using Mr. Linky. While there check out what the guest designers have created - I'm sure you'll love them!

Now for my card - it was inspired by some cards I saw in the new edition of Stamp It! Also, I've seen so many creations with big bows and buttons that I knew I wanted to do that. I recently bought a retired TAC set (thinking it's Flutter By) that has a gorgeous butterfly in it. I knew I wanted to use that as well. So here's my card:

Don't you {heart} it? I know I do!! I decided to also put a little sparkle on the butterflies so I used my trusty Stardust Clear Gelly pen. Here's a close up of that

It's really hard to capture. I think you can click on the picture and it will enlarge and you should be able to see it better. I think the butterflies are so pretty that they didn't need any additional coloring. Love them the way they are - and love that I can whip this card out rather quickly!

Well I hope you enjoy my creation and decide to play along this week. Needing more inspiration? Check out the other DT members blogs (on right side of blog) - I'm sure they'll provide you some awesome inspiration!! Thanks so much for stopping by - have a terrific Wednesday!!

17 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

So pretty! I love the pink and green!

Tina said...

This is positively lovely! Gorgeous colors and a beautiful butterfly.

Nancy said...

Wow, Michelle! Just wow!! I love this, and you are right, sometimes the simplest card can knock your socks off!! Fantastic, stunning job!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Michelle!!! I love all the butterflies and your colors and design! Fab FBW creation!
hugs,
Chris

kris said...

You did a fantastic job on this card Michelle!!! it's so beautiful! Love the color of the butterflies and your ribbon and flower is the perfect touch! Fabulous job! hugs, Kris

Karen Wilson said...

Michelle, this is stunning! I love it!! Sometimes it really works out when we step outside of our box! This is gorgeous!

Doreen said...

What a lovely card, simple but stunning. xxx

Doreen said...

What a lovely card, simple but stunning. xxx

Anna said...

Very pretty, Michelle! I can see why you heart it! It's wonderful!

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! Now come over and teach me how to get my bows to look that awesome!

Tina said...

Beautiful card - love the simplicity but especially love the colors - pink and green so sweet.

Im playing this week too.

If you have a chance stop by my blog

tina
xo

mommyscrapsalot

Jodi said...

This is a gorgeous color combo for your cards and I love the layout and embellishments!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Harriet Skelly said...

Michelle I agree with you - I love this card! Sometimes less is more and I like to leave beautiful images uncolored sometimes too! This is a real beauty of a Butterfly!
Hugs, Harriet

Bridgett Owens said...

Really beautiful! I definitely {heart} this card!!! I love it all!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Lelia Pierce said...

This is just beautiful! I love the stamp and your bow and color choice is superb!

Hugs,
Lelia

Ann Kranitz said...

this is gorgeous. Love the monochromatic butterflies. I need to case this!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Michelle! Absolutely love the colors and the layout, so very pretty! :)