Monday, January 4, 2010

Love Bug

Happy Monday to you! Today is our last day of Winter Break - tomorrow Abby goes back to school and I start back up at the preschool. It was a great break seeing lots of friends and family and even getting a little accomplished! I finally have all the Christmas decorations down and the house back in order - that in itself makes me feel oh so much better!

I've been trying to make a card using the new TAC stamps that will be available in our new Serendipity magalogue which debuts February 1st. Today I decided to show a card using BUG OF FUN

When I saw the set I kept thinking slug bug - as that is one of Abby's favorite games to play in the car. I made the SCARLET cardstock panel using a heart from the I HEART YOU stamp set and NEW CANVAS Palette Pad . Once I saw that all I could think was "hey love bug". The set actually had the sentiment! I stamped the car on KRAFT cardstock and cut it out. I used buttons for the wheels to give it a little dimension. I used my SCOR-BUG to make the little line coming out the back - reminds me of the cars in cartoons. For the girl I stamped her on white cardstock and colored her with Copics. I then cut her out adhered her to the back of the car. The white borders were done with my Fiskars Border Punch and I folded them up to give them a little dimension as well.

I think it would be a cute card - perfect for Valentine's day or just to send a little extra love to that special someone. What do you think?

I'm going to try and start posting daily again. That is if I can continue to find time to create. I still need to write out my goals for 2010 - it really helps keep me focus and I like the sense of reaching those goals. I do know that I want to scrapbook more. I'm in the process of ordering prints and planning some pages. Hopefully I'll be able to share some soon! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Barb said...

This is so cute, Michelle! Love the white ruffles you added with the border punch :)

Tina said...

How sweet is this?!! Awesome.

kris said...

i think i'm catching the love bug! =D wonderful creation! LOVE the buttons for the tires.... super cute! hugs, Kris

Tammi said...

Pretty background for this adorable card Michelle! That's great your going to scrapbook more, I haven't done it in years...I'm good if I get prints done up! :) Happy New Year!!

Patti J said...

Yikes! I'm gettin' the 'bug' too! What a darling card! I love this set - it is SO much fun!!! You are so good, making a list of goals for the year. I can't get motivated to do so yet...workin' on it tho! Happy New Year!

Danni said...

I so hope you can keep your creativity going when you go back to work as I do love seeing posts for you more often!
I'm with ya on the scrapping..so want to do more!
Very cute card..you rock!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!

Chelsea said...

cute card ... love the button wheels

Stef H said...

this is fabulous. i absolutely love that heart paper! gorgeous.

hugs,