Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIF

So glad it's Friday!! How about you? Sorry for the late post - you probably think I slept in but NOPE not today. I got up and met my Dad so we could run an errand together and then we had lunch. It was nice - I don't get to spend a lot of alone time with him and since we were in the car quite a bit we were able to chat. I treasure times like that!

I wanted to share a card though because I finally was able to do Sparkle's Christmas Card challenge. This is good practice for me since the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long team is on a break! We will be back in February though and we'll be having our challenges on Friday instead of Monday! I got some really cool Christmas stamps and Lord knows I have tons of Christmas paper so I'm ready to get back into making Christmas cards again.

For Sparkle's Christmas Challenge this week it's a sketch. You can see it HERE. I changed it a little bit - instead of having a scalloped paper strip I put a sentiment.

My friend Danni, is having a Bella Weekend and I decided to play along. What's a Bella Weekend? Well basically we buy way too many stamps and don't use them. So we need a reason too. This weekend we'll be using Stamping Bella stamps on our creations. Tangled Stella was the perfect choice for my Christmas Card.

For the sentiment (which is an Autumn Leaves stamp), I added rhinestones and did a little piercing. Whatcha think? I'm hoping to make a few more cards using my Stamping Bella so I'll share those when I have them done.

Well that's it for me today! I probably won't have a chance to post this weekend but I'll be back on Monday with a few things. On a side note, Abby has signed up to be in the talent show at her school. For those of you who aren't aware, she's 6 yrs old and in Kindergarten. I was so shocked she wanted to do this and told her that it will be on stage, by herself, in front of lots of people. She responded by telling me "Mommy, don't you know I was born to sing and dance on stage in front of people"!! Can you believe that - she sure didn't get my shyness. She picked Hot and Cold by The Chipettes (from Alvin & The Chipmunks The Squeakquel) She's actually pretty good too - and that's not just coming from me. I'm not like those other American Idol parents who want to yell at Simon for not putting their kids through when their kids totally SUCK!! Besides she's only 6 - this is good practice for her and who knows...maybe one day she will be an American Idol. I know she's already my Idol :) I'll have pictures to share - tonight is the rehearsal and the talent show is Monday! Wish her luck :o)

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Super cute card, Michelle!! I completely understand about buying way too many things and not using them (I could open my own store!) How exciting for Abby to be doing her first talent show, and her comment was absolutely priceless!! Let us know how she did!!

Anna said...

Such a cute card! Woo hoo for Abby being in the show! She'll do great! Can't wait to see photos of it.

Danni said...

Woo-hoo! Look at you!! You beat me to getting a bella card up! Stella looks good!Thanks for playing along with me!!
And Abby is just too cute! I bet she'll WOW them!

Stef H said...

what a fabulous card. your colors are super. have a great time with your little one. i'll bet she'll wow them. and take pictures!!!

have a wonderful weekend.

hugs :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Your Stella card is darling! I love all the rhinestones! Good luck with talent show, she's gonna do awesome!

Unknown said...

Way to go Michelle! Off to a great start using those Bellas!
Love your card!

Kristie W. said...

This is so cute!! Great take on the sketch!

Kimberly S said...

What a cute image and a fabulous card Michelle! Love the mix of traditional and non-traditional Christmas colors, and your coloring is so pretty! :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! I love all rhinestones.

Tina said...

Crazy cute card, love the papers and Stella.
Bet Abby will be awesome, good for her!

Tina said...

Super fun Christmas card - love the colors.

xo
tina

mommyscrapsalot.blogspot.com

valerie joy said...

Go Abby Go! Be sure to tell us how she did! I'm sure she'll be terrific.

Elizabeth P said...

So fun card Michelle! I love the rhinestones on the sentiment! ;)

It´s great that you little daughter wants to be an artist! good luck!!!