Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Talent Show

Well as promised (more to Abby than anyone else) here is a blog post dedicated to her and her performance in the talent show last night. First off, she's 6 years old and to have the courage to do this in front of her peers and parents is AMAZING!! That takes guts and I'm so freakin' proud of her!

She was super excited about doing this and I know our practices went fine but I wasn't sure how it would be doing it on stage in front of a full gym. Here is a picture of her outside of the gym right before the show started.

Once we got inside, there were chairs set up in a special section for all the performers. They went in order and guess who was first?!?! Yep - Abby. She's a Kindergartner and her name starts with A. It didn't seem to bother her though. Here she is in her seat waiting for the show to start.

I showed her where we were sitting. We as in Me, Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Shannon. Yes, we brought our own cheering section! I told her when she got on stage if she was nervous to just look at us. Here she is on stage right before her song starts. As you can see she looks a little unsure but once the song started she belted it right into the microphone!

Sorry for the pictures. Jay and I tried different settings but honestly I think the problem is the camera. It's VERY old and just doesn't do well. Part of the problem is the flash and probably a little bit of the user but seriously I need a new camera! Here is a picture of her singing

She did really well. There wasn't as much dancing as we practiced but that's ok. She sang the entire song. We decided that she can sing and now is the time to get her into some music classes - piano or voice or something. She loves music and with some practice and guidance I think she'll be wonderful! We were all so proud of her - I performed in my talent show when I was in 9th grade and I remember how bad my stomach felt and how nervous I was. I honestly would have backed out if I could have...Abby though she's already talking about next time. I say YOU GO GIRL!

I forgot to get a picture of her and the flowers that we gave her. The talent show didn't get over till 8:30 and we hadn't had dinner so she was ready to get something to eat. We got her a bouquet of flowers and she received a certificate from the school. She was very proud of herself - as she should be!

Thanks for all your well wishes - she loved hearing them and I think they helped! Thanks for stopping by today. See you tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday!


7 comments:

Stef H said...

such a gorgeous SUPER STAR!

thank you so much for sharing. i had a great time. i'll bet she's got a fabulous voice too!

hugs :)

Liz said...

Aww, that is awesome Michelle! Way to go Abby! I'm sure you guys are so proud. I can't get over how happy/confident she looks. Good for her!

Anna said...

Goodness, how brave is she! It's hard to take photos in the school setting like that. I know, I do our yearbook, and I never get good photos of the stage.

Nancy said...

Way to go, Abby!! I love the pics...that girl has some serious courage! She'll love the piano!! It's a great foundation for all musical training (instrumental or vocal!)! What song did she sing?

Patti J said...

Abby - you go girl!!! I am so proud of you! Wish we could hear you sing! What a beautiful young lady you are - give your mom a hug for me, okay? Great job Abby!

Bridgett Owens said...

My daughter is wanting to sing in her school's talent show, also. I am more nervous than she is!! What a great experience for Abby! Wish I could have heard her but I know she rocked it!!! Awesome job girlfriend!!!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

valerie joy said...

Go Abby Go! Just wait until she's getting an Academy Award, then mama is going to be really nervous!