Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CAC Sketch #4

Hang on folks cause I think you're going to like this card! I have to tell you that I saw the sketch for the week and instantly thought of a snow globe. Why? I don't know because the sketch shows flowers everywhere but I must have been thinking about snowflakes instead! I decided it was too late to start working on this so went to bed. I then woke up at 3am thinking how I wanted to do this and couldn't sleep! I laid there and laid there thinking about this darn card! I woke up the next morning, made some coffee and got to work. I tried a couple of different ways and didn't like the way they turned out. I kept trying though cause I just had to get this right! Well (drum roll please) here it is...


Now I don't know if you can tell but I punched a circle out of embossed cardstock (white with snowflakes). Then I cut a pink circle with my Coluzzle. I took one of my TAC stamps (it's retired) and manipulated the image so that it curved and would fit on the pink circle. That's one of the neat things about unmounted stamps. You can bend then and make then into different shapes. This sentiment wasn't very big so it didn't want to stay in the curve position. I just put a little removable Dotto on it and stuck it to my acrylic block. When I was done I just wiped the Dotto adhesive right off. I stamped the snowman on acetate and glued it to the pink circle. Next I stamped the snowman on white cardstock and colored it with my Copics. I then lined up the image on white cardstock to the image on the acetate. I adhered the cardstock with pop dots. Next, I glued the pink circle to the card front.

The stamp is by Penny Black and I was lucky to get it 1/2 off at my Hobby Lobby store. I went there looking for Spellbinder Dies and some how walked out with this stamp, along with a few other things that I got 1/2 off!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Danni said...

I almost bought that stamp but didn't.
Anyhoo, LOVE this!! You were so clever at it!!!
Awesome job!

Liz said...

Super cute! Great job, Michelle!

Lynn Put said...

This is super cute!!! It reminds me of a snowglobe too! The snowman image and snowflake background look fantastic!