Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was a big hit for princess Abby! She got lots of candy and had tons of fun. You can see from the picture below that she was so excited to get started (as was I since I was sick of hearing "is it time to go trick or treating yet" 50,000 times!).

I didn't know that Jay was planning on dressing up. He just used his old BDU's from when he was in the Army and old medical supplies to be an Army medic. I'm not sure who was more excited about trick or treating?! Jay has a little bit of a sweet tooth so I know he was looking forward to the candy!
Quick funny..Abby is the type of person who wants to know everything about everything. She's more interested in the how and the why. Well there were quite a few times when something that should have been scary just wasn't to Abby. She'd just ask "what is that", "what does it do" "why does it look like that", etc. I was walking with Abby and a ugly looking creature (for lack of a better word) was coming right towards us. He was carrying a flashlight to accent his ugliness. I kind of step to the side and put my guard up. What does Abby do? She says "ohhh mommy look at that man, I think he's a monster. Why is his face lit up?" The monster stops and says what did she say? He was very shocked (and a little upset) that she wasn't scared. I didn't know what to tell him...that's just how she is! As you can see from the picture below, Abby just thought things were so cool! She definitely didn't get that from me as I'm a little fraidy cat!

1 comment:

Danni said...

Glad she had fun! she's adorable!